Before I get started with the fun, delicious things, I want to thank all of you for your sweet and supportive comments on yesterday’s post. Y’all were all so encouraging, and I guess more people struggle with that problem other than me. Seriously, y’all’s comments make me so happy!
Anyways, on to the good stuff. Last week I went on a baking marathon and asked if any of you would be interested in knowing any of the recipes for the treats that I cooked. Well I had some requests for two different recipes, so I thought I would put them both in this one post! Now, let me warn you, neither of these are healthy, but like I have said before, the holidays only happen once a year so I thoroughly believe you should enjoy some of the treats you don’t have all year. Of course enjoying all of them in moderation, while still eating your fruits and veggies. 🙂 Also, both of these recipes are super easy! So if you are all for easy recipes that don’t require many ingredients (like me), these are two holiday treats for you! Plus, they are always a hit whenever I make them!
White Chocolate Popcorn and Pretzel Mix
My second mom, Shelly, was the first person to share this recipe with me, and I am pretty sure I have made it every Christmas since. If you get a cute container it also makes great gifts for people!
- Natural popcorn (no butter added)
- White Almond bark (or colored almond bark, you can find it at stores like Hobby Lobby. You could make your popcorn red or green if you are feeling real festive!
- Christmas colored M&M’s. (so you could use the regular colored M&M’s, but that is not nearly as fun or festive, so I highly recommend the red and green ones. 🙂 )
- Christmas colored sprinkles
- Wax paper or foil
So here are the super
hard easy instructions:
- Lay out some wax paper or foil
- Microwave the bag of popcorn and pour it in a bowl once it is done cooking.
This is the brand I used.
- Pour some of the M&M’s in the bowl with the popcorn. (I poured a little less than half of my bag for one bag of popcorn, but you can use as many or as little as you want.)
2. Microwave 3-4 blocks of almond bark, stirring every 30 seconds until it is completely melted. (I like to use three so that it is a good mix of sweet and salty, but if you want it real sweet use four blocks.)
4. Once all of the popcorn and candy is covered pour it on the wax paper or foil so that the almond bark can harden. (I used foil because I didn’t have wax paper)
6. Microwave 3 blocks of almond bark, stirring every 30 seconds until the almond bark is completely melted.
7. Pour the melted almond bark over the pretzels and stir well until all of the pretzels are covered.
8. Sprinkle whatever Christmas sprinkles you have onto the pretzels.
9. Pour the pretzels onto more of the wax paper or foil so that the almond bark will harden.
10. Let the pretzels and popcorn sit until the almond bark is hard, and you can pick it up without your hands becoming a mess. (I usually cook it and then go do something else I need to do and come back and check it later.)
11. Once everything is dry combine the popcorn and M&M’s with the pretzels, and voila! You are done!
Next, I highly recommend you put it up somewhere after you finish, otherwise you will eat way more than you should in one sitting. Just a lesson learned from experience. 😉 You can get some super cute mason jars or containers and fill them up with this popcorn as great gifts! People will love it! Plus, it’s super affordable so your bank account will appreciate it too. 😉
When we had our two couple friends over last week for dinner, we gave them these two cute jars filled with the popcorn mixed, and I think they liked it! I got these jars at Walmart, and they already came with the cute ribbon on it, which was great because then I didn’t have to buy ribbon and try to make a cute bow. (which let’s be honest, the bow would have turned out horrible and I would have had to take it off and given them a plain jar. I wish I was better at crafty things!) Also, you can’t tell in the picture but one jar has a snowman on it, and the other has a snowflake on it. I was so excited about these jars! (In case you can’t tell.)
The final recipe I want to share is..
There are different recipes out there you can find, but I will share with you how I made mine, which is exactly how my Mom makes hers.
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage (I used Jimmy Dean. If you want it to be spicy you could use spicy sausage, but I always use original.)
- 3 cups of Bisquick
- 2 cups of shredded mild cheddar cheese
This Recipe is almost too easy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Put all three ingredients in one big bowl and mix everything together with your hands.
- Make the sausage mixture into little balls and put them on a cookie sheet. (I cover my cookie sheet with foil to make clean-up easier, and then I spray the cookie sheet with non-stick spray.)
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes and turn over halfway through.
- Once they are done, let them cool and enjoy! Or even better, give them to other people to enjoy! I love doing this with treats at Christmas time! 🙂
I don’t know how, but I completely forgot to take pictures while baking these! So this is the only picture I have. I will try to remember to take pictures next time I make the sausage balls, and then I will update this recipe. 🙂
But this is seriously so easy, and if you make this for a party, I can almost guarantee they will all be gone at the end.
1. Do you love to bake treats for other people at Christmas time?
2. Are you crafty? If so, will you come teach me how to do cute things? 🙂
3. Favorite Christmas treat? I love chips and dips at parties, and Christmas always makes me want a big breakfast since that is what my family does every year. 🙂 Now I want cinnamon rolls. 🙂
4. Tell me something fun you are doing today!