After a more serious post yesterday, let’s have a more fun,yummy post today, shall we? 🙂
We love homemade pizza in our house!! Pizza is always good, but I love when we make it homemade because I know what ingredients are going into my body, and you don’t have to deal with all of the nasty grease. For Ryan and I, homemade pizza makes for a perfect at home date night. This particular has been a pizza several times now, so I thought I would share the deliciousness. 🙂
I make the sweet potato crust with this recipe from Tina. I have actually never made the recipe with almond flour because it is a little pricey, and I haven’t brought myself to pay the money to buy it yet. So instead I have been using whole wheat flour, but I definitely want to get some almond flour to make it gluten free.
After the crust is done, I use half a jar of pizza sauce and spread it out over the crust. Then I put however much mozzarella cheese we want on top of the sauce. (Sorry, I don’t have an exact measurement, but this is a personal choice, use however much cheese you would like.)
Next, add on the meat! To make it protein packed, we used 1 pound of ground turkey and then about 1/2 cup of shredded chicken. Next, add on some chopped pineapple. (The sweet potato makes a sweeter crust, so we decided that the pineapple really makes this pizza taste even better!)
Finally, if you want a REALLY TASTY PIZZA, add on some veggies! I added chopped tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, and sliced mushrooms. The pizza above only has veggies on half of it because Ryan hasn’t yet learned that veggies make pizzas oh so much better. Then if you want put some more shredded cheese on top. 🙂
Lastly, let it bake for about 7-9 more minutes in the oven, and you are done! Totally protein packed and delicious!
- Sweet potato crust recipe here
- 1/2 jar of pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (however much you would like, I would suggest 1-2 cups)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- approximately 1/2 cup of shredded chicken
- fresh chopped pineapple (however much you would like for your pizza)
- whatever veggies you want to put on top!
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. First preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and use this recipe for the crust.
2. While the crust is cooking ground your turkey meat in a skillet and drain off any excess fat. Season with salt and pepper.
3. When crust is done spread the pizza sauce over the crust and add cheese.
4. Top with meat (ground turkey and chicken) and spread out evenly over the pizza.
5. Add chopped pineapple over the whole pizza.
6. Add whatever veggies you would like and more cheese if you want.
7. Bake for approximately 7-9 minutes in the oven.
8. Take out, let cool, and then eat and enjoy!
I had one piece with a spinach salad, and it hit the spot! Pizza and salad=a great meal!
Since this pizza is packed with so much protein, it seriously fills you up! I had this one piece and went back for maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of another piece and I was stuffed! The first time I made this pizza I ate two pieces since I can normally eat two pieces of pizza pretty easily. But after I ate it I was uncomfortably full. Just a little heads up. 🙂 Oh, and it is great for leftovers, so you will want some the next day.
1. Do you ever make your own pizza crust? Any good pizza crust recipes I should try?
2. Veggies on your pizza, yes or no?
3. Favorite topping for your pizza?
4. Tell me something about your day yesterday, or something you are looking forward to today.