Hey there! I know it has been a while since I last posted; the beginning of the school year was very busy for me! I will try to get back in a regular routine, key word, try. 🙂 I wish I could write every day, but I no longer let myself feel so bad if I can’t post as often as I like because of the reasons I posted here about the business of life.
I still feel like such an amateur at blogging (because I am!) so if I ever get an award I am ecstatic, to say the least! I was nominated for one a few months ago, and a couple of weeks ago Melissa over at FreeingImperfections nominated me for the Sunshine Award!
When I saw that I was nominated I was seriously so excited! I still can’t believe that people actually read my blog, so even just getting comments on posts still excites me! Melissa is one of my favorite bloggers, so being nominated by her was such an honor! This is how this award works:
1. Include the award logo on your blog or in a post.
2. Link to the person that nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
Here are Melissa’s questions for me:
1. If money were no option, what one option would you go buy tomorrow? I would buy a cabin in Colorado for sure! When I was little my grandparents had a cabin in Colorado so we went there every summer and sometimes other times during the year. Ryan also has grown up going to Colorado with his family during the summer, so both of us would love to have our own cabin to go to and stay. It’s the perfect vacation to me. 🙂
This was Ryan and I kayaking last Summer in Colorado. We went with his family there on vacation.
2. What chore do you enjoy doing the least and why? Dusting has always been one of my least favorite chores because I hate having to take off everything that is on top of what I am dusting to then put it right back on when I am finished. I also hate washing sheets because they are such a hassle to put back on!
3. Most of the clothes in your closet can be fond from what three stores? Um, this is tricky for me because a lot of my clothes I have gotten over the years and they are from totally different places. The first two stores that come to my mind though are Macy’s and Forever 21. But honestly, I just go wherever the good sales are. 🙂
4. If you could only use one beauty product for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Well, I’m not too much of a makeup person. To be honest, I have only been wearing makeup for about two years. I started wearing it my sophomore year of college, while all of my other friends started wearing it in sixth grade. I would probably pick either moisturizer to keep my skin healthy or some type of eye makeup to hide my natural dark eye circles that are ALWAYS underneath my eyes.
5. Do you have any nicknames from friends or family? What are they? When I was little my family would call me Becky Boo (embarrassing to say now), and when I was in high school my teammates called me Becky The Beast. I was given this name since I was usually always the smallest one on the court. 🙂
A picture of “The Beast” back in high school. 🙂 (Sorry about the finger in the top left corner of the picture, haha!)
6. Why did you start your blog? I started my blog because I loved reading other healthy living blogs, I love to write, and I was always coming up with things in my head that I would blog about if I had a blog. So finally one day I though, “hey, I can actually do this.” I especially loved finding new workouts and recipes from other people who also lived healthy, fit lifestyles, so I wanted to be able to share some of my own too! Then once I got started I knew I wanted my faith to be a big part of my blog too.
7. Shoes or purses? SHOES!!!! Believe me, I like my purses too, but I LOVE SHOES! Especially running shoes. 🙂
8. Describe your perfect day from start to finish. I would wake up early, but not too early, maybe about 7:00 am, go for a long run, and come back to have breakfast with Ryan. After that we would go for a bike ride on a trail and pack a lunch for a picnic somewhere. Once we got back home we would go swimming somewhere, layout by the pool, and read. We would get to relax/play games/do whatever we felt like for the rest of the afternoon, and then go out to dinner to wherever we were feeling like that night. We would come home to either watch a movie, play a game, or just talk.
9. Who do you look to for style inspiration or advice? I honestly have no idea on this one. I definitely don’t call myself the fashion queen. I just buy clothes that I think look cute and that I like. I can’t think of one single person I go to for inspiration; sometimes I might see someone (in real life or on the Internet), and be like, “I like what they are wearing.” If I am shopping with my friends, my mom, or Ryan, I like to ask them what they think of something before I buy it, but that’s about it.
10. What are you too afraid to pursue right now, whether in your dreams, work, or relationships? I am a little afraid to pursue a triathlon, which is an accomplishment I would love to say that I did! The swimming is the part that scares me, and it’s just because of the unknown. I have never done any type of swimming competition, and I definitely am not a swimmer. Sure, I know how to swim and I have swam laps before, but I know my form is horrible, and I have so much to improve on in that area. I have ran and biked so I would be completely comfortable to do that, but swimming sounds so hard and it is so new to me. Hopefully one day I will get over this fear and complete a triathlon. (But in order for this to happen I also need a pool where I can train; I don’t have access to a lap pool at this time.)
So there is a little bit more information about me, if you cared. 🙂
Now for my Nominees!
If y’all will email me if I have nominated you, then I will send you my ten questions for you to answer. 🙂
Now feel free to tell me anything about yourself! Or answer any of the ten questions I answered from Melissa!