Okay guys, are you ready for a super delicious recipe? This breakfast is seriously so good. If you love peanut butter and like French toast, you are going to love this! I got this idea from Julie’s peanut butter stuffed french toast recipe on her blog pbfingers.com. I just added a few of my own ingredients and took out the powdered sugar.
Here is what you will need:
- Two slices of 100% whole wheat bread
- 1 egg
- About 2 tablespoons of almond milk (any milk will work, I just always have almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 banana
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Syrup for topping
1. First you will need to spread the peanut butter on both pieces of bread.
2. After that I slice up half of the banana. Save the other half to eat after you finish your french toast.
3. Then crack the egg, pour the almond milk in with the egg, and mix the two together. (To be honest, I never measure out how much milk I pour in, I just pour in a little bit. But I would guess it would be about 1-2 tablespoons).
4. Next I always sprinkle some cinnamon in with the egg and milk mixture. Again, I never measure this out, I just sprinkle a little bit and mix it in with the egg.
5. Finally I dip both pieces of the bread into the egg picture. I make sure both sides are covered in the mixture before placing it on a pan sprayed with non-cooking spray.
6. Then put the banana slices on the pan with the bread. I like to sprinkle some more cinnamon right now on the bread and also on the bananas.
7. Let it cook for a few minutes before flipping it and letting it cook on the other side for a few minutes.
8. When it is done, put the bananas on the peanut butter side of one piece of the bread.
9. Then place the other piece of bread on top like a sandwich to have this amazing end result:
I poured some sugar free syrup on mine and it was SO GOOD!! Seriously, like right after I made this for the first time I went over to Ryan’s house to make it for him, and he loved it even more than me I think. Plus, this breakfast is super filling and should keep you full for hours.
So I haven’t actually had breakfast yet this morning, but I wanted to go ahead and share this recipe with y’all. After posting this, I am now starving and very ready for breakfast! Even though I have been writing about french toast I have a craving for pancakes. Maybe tomorrow I will have a healthy pancake recipe for y’all. 🙂
The rest of my day will be filled with school work and packing to leave later tonight for this busy weekend. I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
What is one of your favorite breakfast recipes?
What did you eat this morning?
Will you be busy with work today?